An interesting extra tidbit of news today, as we have a preview of a US exclusive limited edition Pandora charm for Chinese New Year 2017! I previously previewed Pandora’s CNY 2017 Dancing Lion charm, which will be released in a number of regions, including Asia and Australia – the bead in this post is being made especially for the US market, and will only be released to a select number of stores!

pandora chinese new year 2017

Read for a sneak peek at this additional US exclusive LE bead!

Pandora Chinese New Year US Exclusive Charm Preview

The US exclusive CNY 2017 charm is an engraved version of the Unforgettable Moments pendant, featuring a fun mixed enamel design. It has the year inscribed on it, too, which adds to its collectability!

Pandora NA are very good at making their limited edition releases seem special, and this one is no exception – it comes with a very pretty red and gold exclusive sleeve with Celebrate Chinese New Year written on it. :D

pandora chinese new year 2017

I don’t have confirmation yet on price or release date, but I’ll update this post when I know more! This charm will launch mid-January and is priced at $60 USD. I was told that this is specifically a US exclusive, so it doesn’t look like Canada will be receiving this one.

I am head over heels already for the CNY 2017 Dancing Lion charm, and so I don’t think I’ll be getting this one too, but that LE packaging is so adorable! <3

I already made a red leather mini CNY design, but I’m planning on putting together a full silver design in the new year in order to make room for the Dancing Lion. This is my mock-up of what’s it going to look like (don’t worry, I don’t actually wear this red leather like this! This is just so that I could see how the charms will go together when I get a silver bracelet for them). :D

pandora chinese new year 2017 reds

What do you think of this latest CNY design from Pandora?

49 Comments on Sneak Peek: Pandora Chinese New Year 2017 US Exclusive Charm

December 29, 2016 at 8:48 pm (8 months ago)

I like the Chinese New Year 2017 charm, I will check it out here at a nearby PANDORA store in NYC.

December 30, 2016 at 9:25 pm (8 months ago)

Yay!

• Charlene
      January 11, 2017 at 4:15 pm (7 months ago)

Will we be able to purchase the charm over the internet and have it shipped?

2. Michele
    December 29, 2016 at 10:41 pm (8 months ago)

I bought Double Joy ready for a CNY btreacelet.

December 30, 2016 at 9:25 pm (8 months ago)

I was tempted by that one in the Rue sale but managed to talk myself out of it!

3. Michele
    December 29, 2016 at 10:42 pm (8 months ago)

Cherry will be good to add

December 30, 2016 at 9:26 pm (8 months ago)

Cherry blossom?

• Michele
        December 31, 2016 at 3:22 am (8 months ago)

Yes. Orchid also

4. Angie
    December 29, 2016 at 11:42 pm (8 months ago)

I want the Dancing Lion charm–and last year’s piggy!–not this dated charm! Pandora is not winning my forgiveness with this “Unforgettable Moment.”

• Emily
      December 30, 2016 at 4:55 am (8 months ago)

My sentiments exactly, Angie.

• Lisa K.
      December 30, 2016 at 4:59 pm (8 months ago)

I agree, this dangle is subpar compared to the Dancing Lion & adorable piggy charm. The red lantern that came out a few years ago has more character.

December 30, 2016 at 9:27 pm (8 months ago)

I think that this charm would be a nice supplement to the Dancing Lion bead, but it’s not really as exciting on its own! :)

December 30, 2016 at 9:28 pm (8 months ago)

Yes, I very much understand that! A completely fresh design like the Lion or Piggy is probably more exciting than an Unforgettable Moments pendant, as nice as the enamel engraving is :)

• Clara
      January 24, 2017 at 3:44 am (7 months ago)

Hi! I will be able to help with getting the lion dance and piggy bank charms from my local stores. :)

• Lynne
        January 25, 2017 at 5:16 pm (7 months ago)

Hi,
        I would love help getting the Chinese Lion charm. :)

5. starlight
    December 30, 2016 at 12:01 am (8 months ago)

The dancing lion is interesting, will definitely check it out. I like the look of your bracelet and can see that the coral looking glass and lighthouse have found their way here and not on your honeysuckle leather. What do you have on the honeysuckle now? I just got one on sale and thinking of using it with the Disney charms I bought during sale too. Mickey, minnie muranos and be magical charm. Together with Disney castle dangle and 2016 limited edition mickey and minnie. What do you think?

December 30, 2016 at 9:36 pm (8 months ago)

Ah, well remembered about the honeysuckle! ^^ I’ve turned it into a ‘cake + coffee’ mini design with the coffee lovers pendant and a cupcake charm. So it’s now completely different! I didn’t dislike the red and hot pink combination I originally had, it’s just that I then decided to steal the beads off it for this CNY design, haha. Really like the sound of your Disney design, the bright colours would be really perfect and a bit different from the regular Disney bracelet designs you often see! I really like red and pink as a combo! :)

• starlight
        December 30, 2016 at 11:43 pm (8 months ago)

I do it sometimes too by combining 2 mini design to a full bracelet. Now im just patiently waiting for my packages. The post seems to take forever to arrive in the holiday season. I have spend way too much, hope I can hold back to my next purchase till as long as I can. Haha…

December 30, 2016 at 4:14 am (8 months ago)

I often like dates on charms, but for this charm I think it’s better without the date, so I don’t think I’m interested in it. Usually a date stamp is small, but not on this bead! (It is a nice bead though).

• Priscilla
      December 30, 2016 at 3:42 pm (8 months ago)

I agree with you

December 30, 2016 at 9:37 pm (8 months ago)

Yeah, I understand that – perhaps, if this bead does well, they’re planning on doing a whole series of them? The date is a bit more overt on this bead than they usually are!

December 30, 2016 at 5:21 am (8 months ago)

Thanks for the sneak peek of the US exclusive CNY charm. I’m very disappointed the US will not be offered the Dancing Lion. I had my heart set on this stunning charm. I think I’ll pass on the Unforgettable Moments charm as I have never been that fond of them to begin with.

I think your CNY bracelet is gorgeous. Where do you plan to place the Dancing Lion when you switch over to silver? If I remember correctly, you are planning to use the new pave’ heart clasp bracelet for your CNY charms. I think that would be beautiful.

December 30, 2016 at 9:45 pm (8 months ago)

Hi Emily! It is a shame. I’ve not heard anything about the UK getting the CNY bead this year either, although we did last year. :( Luckily there are almost always kind people who help with this kind of thing!

Thanks so much :D I was going to put my Lion where the silver ingot is now, and move the silver ingot over next to the garnet cabochon. But I’ll have a play around with the design when I actually get the bracelet for it! Yes, I want the pave heart clasp bracelet to go with these beads – so pleased to hear you think it’ll look nice. I’m so excited to put it together!

• Jen
        December 31, 2016 at 11:05 am (8 months ago)

Hi. Love the blog btw. Do you think it will be released in the UK at all? Seen from other years that the UK gets CNY charms sometime in March when its released worldwide with the Spring collection-do you think this may happen this year? I am desperate to get the Dancing Lion-know exactly where I’m going to put it on my bracelet.
        Never commented before!!!! :)

8. Sd
    December 30, 2016 at 7:38 am (8 months ago)

I noticed that a lot of your photos show all the charms in the middle of the bracelet, but do you actually wear them like that? Since ppl say that doing so will put all the weight on one part of the bracelet which may make it snap.

BTW, does your post on where to find discounted charms still exist? I clicked on the link and I got an error message.

December 30, 2016 at 9:47 pm (8 months ago)

It’s a good question, and the answer is that I tend to just do mini stylings to give ideas of colour schemes or themes for inspiration, but I don’t wear charms just in the middle section as a rule, for the reasons that you mentioned. I try and spread them out relatively evenly across the bracelet, so that the weight is well distributed, but it doesn’t have to be exact or precisely even. Just so that one portion of the bracelet isn’t significantly heavier than the others.

I took down that post quite some time ago, as a lot of the stores that used to sell discount jewellery have disappeared over the past couple of years or so, and haven’t been replaced :( I thought I had removed the links as well, sorry about that!

9. Judie
    December 30, 2016 at 10:32 am (8 months ago)

I think the dancing lion charm looks like a demon but I have a feeling this could be a photography issue. My parents use to own a grocery store in Chinatown when I was a child and each Chinese New Year, the dragon would come and dance at our shop. But as a very petite child, the dragon and the loud drums use to scare the hell out of me! The dragon would just get so close to us as obviously my parents were the store owners. Haha so though I think the dragon is the most perfect symbol for Chinese new year, it’s not really one for me.

December 30, 2016 at 9:39 pm (8 months ago)

Aha, I absolutely adore the Dancing Lion charm and can’t wait to get my hands on one. It’s genuinely one of the Pandora beads I’ve been most excited for in the last twelve months! It’s a shame that you don’t like the design, what with your memories of the dance in your childhood <3 thanks for sharing! Maybe they'll do a charm you prefer in the future. Or there's the existing CNY dragon dangle which is pretty cool and plain silver :)

10. Kelly
    December 30, 2016 at 1:13 pm (8 months ago)

I do not really like this exclusive charm, it is too simple for my taste i would rather have the dancing lion. But i am totally fan of the red packaging with gold feathers. It looks so chic and classy!

December 30, 2016 at 9:41 pm (8 months ago)

My reaction was pretty much the same as yours, Kelly! The charm is nice, but not at all a must-have, but the packaging is just gorgeous ♥️

11. Lisa K.
    December 30, 2016 at 4:56 pm (8 months ago)

Ellie,

Thanks for this heads up on the unforgettable moments charm. These dangles are not my favorite charms. This past year I have purchased a couple of specially made city charms as souvenirs but only because I didn’t have any other options. These disc dangles remind me a lot of the older original version of the charm bracelet that was popular a few decades ago.
    What attracted me to Pandora charms was the way the charms were integrated with the bracelet. The year and lantern design are nice, but I would prefer the Pandora Lantern charm that is front & centre on your leather bracelet design.
    The Dancing Lion is so well done that the dangle literally pales in comparison. I can’t wait to see your review & stylings with the 2017 DL charm.
    I am sure this LE dangle will appeal to some, but I won’t be tracking it down. I think Pandira should reconsider the exclusivity of some of their cultural charms, it would be nice if they released the Chinese New Year charms for example to other regions later in the year.
    Cheers
    Lisa K.

December 30, 2016 at 9:50 pm (8 months ago)

Hi Lisa! No, I know what you mean – the Unforgettable Moments pendant is a bit ubiquitous and is often trotted out by stores or Pandora themselves when they want to create a limited edition design inexpensively. There are some lovely and unique beads produced using the pendant, but I don’t think they are ever quite as exciting as an entirely fresh new bead! The only UF pendant I have is the Vienna Opera Ball charm, which is one I love, I have to say. The script on that is beautiful and it works very well with the UM pendant’s design!

Thanks, I’m really looking forward to reviewing the Dancing Lion! I think it is just gorgeous. I’m more excited for it than I have been for many of Pandora’s recent releases. :D :D I hope you manage to get your hands on a Lion, if you’d like one!

Thanks for commenting <3

• Lisa K
        December 31, 2016 at 3:43 pm (8 months ago)

I love my Opera Ball UF for the same reason, it was very elegantly done! It was my first UF charm and gave my favorite things bracelet the one dangle it needed. I am ever so grateful to Claudia for shipping some out across the globe. My hope is to one day wear my opera ball charm in Vienna while attending an opera. For smaller markets makes sense to me to take advantage of the UF option.
        The DL charm is one I am definitely interested in, I have the piggy bank, and it did not dissapoint, your review put it over the top for me.

Cheers

December 30, 2016 at 10:26 pm (8 months ago)

I really like this charm it’s strange that it’s exclusive to America.

13. Clair Bear226
    December 31, 2016 at 4:08 pm (8 months ago)

I like both, but LOVE the lion. I was determined to limit myself to one new bracelet a year, but these may soften that resolve!

14. Ariane
    January 4, 2017 at 1:28 am (8 months ago)

NEED the Dancing Lion charm and the Piggy charm from last year. I will love for these charms to be on the oxidised bracelet. I think the red will contrast beautifully with the oxidised bracelet. Oh dear, my wishlist is getting longer!

• Clara
      January 24, 2017 at 3:43 am (7 months ago)

• Priscilla Nelson
        January 31, 2017 at 4:22 pm (7 months ago)

Would love to purchase the lion dance and piggy bank charms from your local store.

15. Candice
    January 8, 2017 at 3:49 pm (7 months ago)

Are there any groups (in Facebook) or places to be able to get the Dancing Lion charm if you live in Nirth anerica?

Beautiful blog and beautiful bracelets you have!!

Thanks!!

• Clara
      January 24, 2017 at 3:42 am (7 months ago)

Hi! I will be able to help with getting the lion dance charm from my local stores. :)

• june
        February 1, 2017 at 1:00 pm (7 months ago)

Can anyone help me to get the dancing lion charm please.happy to reciprocate when uk gets certain charms .

16. Cindy
    January 17, 2017 at 9:06 pm (7 months ago)

I want the dragon. I don’t want the U.S. charm

• Clara
      January 24, 2017 at 3:42 am (7 months ago)

• Candice
        January 24, 2017 at 4:29 am (7 months ago)

Hi Clara!

I have tried to get into the Pandora Facebook groups so I could get one of the Lion Dance charms… but it’s been almost impossible!

Is there a way I could take you up on that offer? :)

17. Helen Derlis
    March 25, 2017 at 4:49 am (5 months ago)

I am very interested in the beautiful lion Pandora charm and the piggy and also the red poppy murano charm!!!! Is there anyone that can get them for me, I live in Ontario Canada?? My email is tashwear@hotmail.com and my name is Helen please if there is someone, could you let me know how much each charm is in Canadian fund’s and the shipping to me??? Thank you soo much, look forward to hearing from some one!!!! Thank you very much!!!!

18. Maoming_Dad
    April 7, 2017 at 1:31 am (4 months ago)

I would LOVE it if someone would ship me the 2017 Chinese New Year 2017 Charm! ( pandora ENG791169_20 )
    I’m in Canada and we can not get this one here!
    I have 2 adopted daughters from China and they love the Chinses New Year Pandora collection.
    HELP! I need to get this, but no one will ship to Canada

19. Maoming_Dad
    April 21, 2017 at 9:26 pm (4 months ago)

Could anyone please get me 1 (or possibly 3) of the Pandora 2017 Chinese New Year Charms (ENG791169_20)

I cannot get them in Canada and want one for my wife and 2 daughters.

Can anyone help?

I can pay via PayPal.

HELP

20. Sarapan
    June 13, 2017 at 4:39 am (2 months ago)

I want to know what the one beside the rabbit charm is called. The charm with pink/red stones.

June 13, 2017 at 8:25 am (2 months ago)

I think you mean the garnet cabochon spacer – it’s quite long retired. It was called Goodbye Kisses, I believe, in the US.