Today’s post brings something of an exciting AW17 preview, with a sneak peek at this year’s Pandora Black Friday charm! If you’ve not come across this before, Pandora release a limited edition bead for Black Friday every year, and have done since 2011.

This used to be a North American exclusive release, but last year’s charm was launched worldwide, and the same is set to happen in 2017. :D This year, Black Friday falls on 24 November, which is when we can expect this charm to launch. It marks the start of the Christmas shopping season in the US, although it is increasingly catching on in other regions too.

Read on to see this year’s design!

Pandora Black Friday Charm 2017 Preview

Last year’s poinsettia charm wasn’t so explicitly festive or wintry as those in previous years – the 2017 charm returns to a more Christmassy theme. It’s a red ornament, detailed in vibrant enamel and pave swirls that remind me very much of the popular Lion Dance charm that came out for CNY 2017.

As is traditional, the charm has the date tucked away on the side, adding to its collectability. Its official name is the Bright Ornament, and it will retail for $75 USD or $85 CAD.

I’m sure this won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I very much like this design! Cute enamel detailing often proves a winner with me, and I like the vibrancy of the colour. It fits in nicely with other Pandora holiday beads, which traditionally feature a lot of red.

I’m actually thinking of adding this to my Asian CNY red bracelet, as I do think it’s a lovely match for the Lion Dance charm!

What do you think of this year’s design? Is it coming home with you?

61 Comments on Pandora Black Friday 2017 Charm Preview

1. Chris
    August 16, 2017 at 12:05 am (2 months ago)

Are the Black Friday charms tough to get? Can you order online or do you need to wait in line for hours at a store hoping they won’t run out before you get one?

August 16, 2017 at 9:56 am (2 months ago)

These beads never sell out. Wait for them to be on Rue on sale. :-) Other Black Friday charms are on there at every sale.

August 19, 2017 at 4:36 pm (2 months ago)

The only thing about the Rue sale is that you don’t get the special box with it. Obviously the discount may well outweigh that for you, it depends on how invested you are in the LE trappings that go with it ^^

August 19, 2017 at 4:35 pm (2 months ago)

Lola’s right – they don’t sell out fast, and they often get discounted on Rue La La or other countries’ official sales. :) No need to rush out on the day, going by previous years.

2. Alex V.
    August 16, 2017 at 12:21 am (2 months ago)

Oh wow this one is a beauty for sure. Best of the bunch so far in my opinion:)

August 19, 2017 at 4:37 pm (2 months ago)

It’s not my absolute favourite, but I do really like it!

3. Sheryl
    August 16, 2017 at 12:30 am (2 months ago)

Definitely will add to my “red” charm collection!

August 19, 2017 at 4:37 pm (2 months ago)

Me too! ^^

4. Susan
    August 16, 2017 at 12:41 am (2 months ago)

As I think the Lion Dance charm is one of the best charms Pandora has ever come out with I think this charm is equally brilliant! The red color is spot on for the holidays! I will most definitely be getting this for my Christmas bracelet I am designing for this year. Gorgeous bead! bTzw, I plan to put the new Panda charm on my Asian bracelet.

August 19, 2017 at 4:43 pm (2 months ago)

Yay, so glad you agree! I think that the use of sparkle can be so effective when employed thoughtfully and with a little pop of pretty colour. :D

5. Angie
    August 16, 2017 at 12:42 am (2 months ago)

How beautiful! I love the swirls and the red enamel. It could have been designed just for me! Thanks for the preview!

August 19, 2017 at 4:37 pm (2 months ago)

So glad you like it too! <3

6. Sharon
    August 16, 2017 at 1:07 am (2 months ago)

Gorgeous! I will for sure be standing in line for this one.
    Thank you for the thorough job you do to bring all the up to date info. to us.
    It was a lucky day for me when I happened on your blog.
    You’re the best.

• Suecarol
      August 16, 2017 at 11:13 pm (2 months ago)

I agree ! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

August 19, 2017 at 4:38 pm (2 months ago)

Thank you very much! ☺️

August 19, 2017 at 5:39 pm (2 months ago)

Thank you so much for your lovely comment Sharon! It’s such a boost to hear that :D

August 16, 2017 at 1:55 am (2 months ago)

I’m not so sure about this one. I will wait to see it in person to decide. I already have so many red Christmas charms! I may concentrate on emerald green with the new Rose Christmas charms this year. But thanks for the preview. It is a beautiful charm, I’m just not sure where I would use it.

August 19, 2017 at 4:42 pm (2 months ago)

I have many red Christmas beads too! Which is why I’m thinking I’d add it to my red Asian CNY bracelet instead. Use it for something a little different :)

September 2, 2017 at 3:07 pm (2 months ago)

That’s a great idea!

8. Jill
    August 16, 2017 at 3:28 am (2 months ago)

I love it!

August 19, 2017 at 4:38 pm (2 months ago)

Me too!

9. lozzie
    August 16, 2017 at 3:37 am (2 months ago)

Yes please! I love the Chinese Lion charm but I had nowhere to put it on my bracelet. Loved the colours. If this one is the same colour, it will be coming home with me. Hopefully it will be released worldwide but who knows with Pandora…

August 19, 2017 at 4:41 pm (2 months ago)

I know! I’d like to think that they’ll release it the world over again. It’s been fun importing them from the US in the past, but it was even more so to be able to see all the promo posters etc in the shops last year!

10. Leeann
    August 16, 2017 at 3:38 am (2 months ago)

I will be adding this to my collection!

August 19, 2017 at 4:38 pm (2 months ago)

Glad to hear it!

• Karen uk
        October 10, 2017 at 11:14 am (1 week ago)

Love this not only for xmas bracelet, but for my red bracelet and boy I can see next to my dancing lion, can not wait to get. It’s mine !

August 16, 2017 at 4:11 am (2 months ago)

I’ve been anxious to see the 2017 Black Friday charm since you first mentioned it some time ago. I love it! My favorite to date. I will definitely be adding this lovely charm to my collection! Thanks for the preview. It made my day!

August 19, 2017 at 4:39 pm (2 months ago)

Hi Emily! Ah, I’m so glad it didn’t disappoint. :D I’m super keen to add it to my collection as well!

August 16, 2017 at 6:22 am (2 months ago)

I’m really not sure Ellie I think this is one I will have to see in person

August 19, 2017 at 4:40 pm (2 months ago)

Fair enough! I’m hoping it’ll be pretty true to the stock image :)

13. Penny
    August 16, 2017 at 7:27 am (2 months ago)

I love it – I finally managed to get Lion dance and it’s my favourite bead ever so I will definetly be getting this one if available in the U.K.❤️

August 19, 2017 at 4:40 pm (2 months ago)

The Lion Dance is possibly still my favourite charm of the year. So gorgeous! <3

August 16, 2017 at 9:07 am (2 months ago)

I´m not sure about the colour. From the photo above it´s colour seems too vibrant to me and very “asian-like” with all those cz swirls, but stock images tend to be very tricky, so I´ll have to see it in person first. I plan to begin a Christmas bracelet this year, but so far my must- haves are from former collections, especially last year´s. Then I guess I´ll add something new but I won´t know for sure till I see the pieces in the shop. I can´t wait!!!
    Many thanks for your hard work to keep us well informed. Have a nice week!

August 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm (2 months ago)

Vibrant might not be the right to express what I mean. There´s nothing bad about being vibrant. From the pic, I think it could be a bit loud, garish. Of course that may change when seen in person.

August 16, 2017 at 1:58 pm (2 months ago)

The right word. I really should check before hitting “send”

August 20, 2017 at 7:50 am (2 months ago)

Might just be the stock photo – I’m picturing it as being similar to the CNY Lion Dance, which was such a lovely colour in person! Have a lovely week too Marie, and thanks for commenting :D

(P.S. I’m sorry about the lack of edit function! It’s something I’ve looked into a few times but it’s a bit fiddly and I’ve not been abel to find an easy fix yet)

15. Debbie
    August 16, 2017 at 9:37 am (2 months ago)

don’t think this is very christmassy I know that is not a real word it looks a bit oriental in colour only but not in style I agree with others will need to look at

August 19, 2017 at 4:46 pm (2 months ago)

I think it still has a nice festive feel but it’s a little bit different too. But yes, I am thinking of using it on an asian design!

August 16, 2017 at 10:04 am (2 months ago)

I’m not sure what the design team was going for here. It looks like too many hands spoiled the bead. Lol. For an abstract bead it’s not horrible, just a bit messy. The color is great though.

• Lisa G.
      August 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm (2 months ago)

I agree. It’s a little busy for me.

August 16, 2017 at 8:12 pm (2 months ago)

Too many hands spoilt the bead. You’re very funny 😂😂😂😂😂😂

August 19, 2017 at 4:47 pm (2 months ago)

Oh really? I really like this one! It does have a lot going on though.

17. Debbie
    August 16, 2017 at 10:26 am (2 months ago)

Has anyone been to current rue sale had items in my cart they vanished when I went back still available but price had increased

August 16, 2017 at 1:28 pm (2 months ago)

I read about items vanishing from carts on Rue, but even during the most frantic Moonlight Madness sale I’ve never had items disappear from my cart.

Most shoppers think items only disappear from carts when someone else takes them through check-out, but that’s not always so. It can be a website problem that happens most often when the site is too busy–faulty load balancing is mostly to blame. Rue has a lot of website issues, especially on the international pages. For instance, I’m in Canada, but sometimes Rue will only show me US pages and prices, and then I can’t order. I’ve missed sales because of it.

August 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm (2 months ago)

Sometimes the sale expires and another Rue boutique has the same beads, only at the original price. For instance, the Moonlight Madness boutique was discounted 65%, then it was over. The Still Want It Picks boutique had the beads, but they were at the original price of 40% off.

August 19, 2017 at 4:47 pm (2 months ago)

No I’ve not bought anything on Rue for ages. Waiting for something new!

September 2, 2017 at 3:10 pm (2 months ago)

With the new Autumn/Winter catalog out, I notice quite a few things from the previous catalog are gone. Hope Rue will have them soon. One charm in particular, Cathedral Rose, is missing. I always meant to pick it up, but never did.

18. Jackie R Oz
    August 16, 2017 at 11:50 am (2 months ago)

I like it. I appreciate it is not overtly wintery, as I am in the Southern hemisphere with a summer Christmas.

August 19, 2017 at 4:48 pm (2 months ago)

Ah very good point! :)

August 16, 2017 at 1:54 pm (2 months ago)

Thanks for showing it but I probably won’t be getting it. I do like that it’s an ornament that isn’t a dangle. But I’m not a fan of the color or design on it, unless it looks way different in person. Like PP Lola said it looks a bit messy; like there are too many textures and styles put into one bead.

Seeing as I don’t have any of them and I don’t participate in black Friday shopping, I’m okay with not loving it! I’d rather get something I love on rue.

August 19, 2017 at 5:46 pm (2 months ago)

That’s fair enough! Especially as you’re not trying to collect the set or anything! :) I have all of them to date and just love the tradition so much that it would be hard to make a design that I actively wouldn’t get… they’ve got,me, haha!

20. LApandora
    August 16, 2017 at 4:53 pm (2 months ago)

I find this to be a pretty bead. It’s festive and sparkly mood is just right making it a must have for me. I can just imagine how this bead will perfectly sit in your Asian CNY bracelet together with your Lion Dance, garnet cabochon and birthday bloom.
    I also hope Pandora will come up with another christmas bangle (just like last year’s Unique Snowflake Limited Edition bangle). It gave a home to my Poinsettia and Winter Wonderland clip so I’m hoping to do the same this year.
    Thank you very much for the preview. I’m so excited for the holiday season. It’s my favorite time of the year ❄🎄🎁

August 20, 2017 at 7:42 am (2 months ago)

I like it, too! And it’s so nice that you remembered what my Asian bracelet looks like <3 glad you think it'll fit well there. Thank you! <3

There will be a Christmas bangle - I'm just getting my Winter preview together and it will be out shortly :) glad you enjoyed the preview and thanks for commenting!

21. Jean
    August 16, 2017 at 8:53 pm (2 months ago)

I’ve recently gotten rid of all the Pandora beads that had pave or cz’s. I’m mostly just doing the retired silvers now. This charm is a “no” for me.

August 19, 2017 at 4:49 pm (2 months ago)

Oh interesting! I’ve mostly bought plain silvers lately as well. I went on a retired bead hunt over the summer and got so many classics i’ve always been wanting :)

22. Nellie Gerritsen
    August 17, 2017 at 8:59 am (2 months ago)

Not my cup of tea

August 19, 2017 at 4:48 pm (2 months ago)

Fair enough!

23. Anna
    August 19, 2017 at 6:52 am (2 months ago)

I love the snow globe charm because I used to have a snow globe collection as a child.

BTW,Canada’s Pandora page finally has the silver origami crane dangle! I was so excited – I love origami!

Anyway, the CNY Dragon is being sold on Canada’s Pandora page too. Come to think of it, all the Asian inspired charms that weren’t available before are being offered now – including the Asian piggy bank, money pouch, and that weather doll dangle.

August 20, 2017 at 7:45 am (2 months ago)

That is one of my favourite BF charms as well. They’re also bringing out another snow globe bead this year for the regular Winter launch :)

Yes, I did do a little update about that some time ago but glad to hear that they have officially launched now! <3 I wish the UK was getting them too!

24. JJ
    August 25, 2017 at 1:12 am (2 months ago)

Luv it, the color and design. Great for Xmas!

25. Jackie
    September 12, 2017 at 4:33 am (1 month ago)

From the picture I LOVE this Christmas charm! I also love the idea of adding it to a bracelet with the Chinese Lion (assuming the reds work together). With the scroll work I think it could be worn all year paired with Chinese Lion! Very festive as a Christmas charm. Love it!